So I am getting ready to say goodbye to the old me of 2006 and hello to the new me of 2007. As I was thinking of what should my New Year’s Resolution be for this year I receive a text message from someone I have not heard from in 11 months. His New Year wish was simply: May God bring you Joy.
Hmmmmm, so how do I achieve that—joy?
So after endless hours of roaming about and exerting a lot of effort I came up with the following list for 2007:
- I will make my camera an extension of my arm
- I will establish a personal tradition
- I will listen and pay more respect to my body
- I will start the cancerous act of smoking
- I will read at least one fictional book every 6 months
- I will not play hide and seek every time I run into someone I know
- I will only spend 2 hours a day surfing the net
- I will stop forwarding emails to friends and actually start writing personal ones
- I will reduce my various personas to only two
- I will make the time to take Arabic courses and will put my foot down if my manager wants to give me any shift that coincides with my Arabic classes