I often wondered if it’s possible to look clearly ahead without a rear view mirror…
I doubt my soul can stir properly forward without resorting to what it went through.
As 2011 approaches, my soul takes a look at who it was and what it went through and what it grasped on its journey in 2010.
What it learned in 2010 is as follows:
1. Time doesn’t heal; it gives you a chance to explore various ways of dealing with your hurt.
2. There are some questions that you will never find the answer to. On the anniversary of mom’s departure I decided to stop asking God why her and just accept that I would never again get to create new memories with her.
3. Interacting with a person who is no longer physically in this world isn’t as hard as it seems. Of course there are days she doesn’t respond but that doesn’t mean she is leaving you…it probably mean she wants you to leave her the hell alone ;p ;p
4. The kindness of people is what makes life worth living.
5. Karma does exit…it’s freaking scary how many times I have seen her..or him…or it.
6. One of the best gift you can give your self is to learn how to see things from other people’s perspective. The more you do, the less you have the urge to smack them, and the less you wanna smack people, the happier you are 🙂
7. Cooking can be uplifting (yes, i have started cooking again 🙂 )
That’s enough for now…I can’t recall the other lessons I have leaned. But now to look into the future…
Well, on 10/10/10 I arrive in London to pursue my MBA. Why MBA? Why London? …I’m not sure to be honest…it’s just that one night back in July I decided to get up at around 3 in the morning and google MBA programs around the world…I just needed to get out of Kuwait…there was just way too many memories in the streets of Kuwait that I wasn’t yet ready to deal with…I couldn’t believe that in less than 3 months I had received my acceptance letter, my visa, sold my car and other possessions, and had a one-way ticket in my hand to London.
I left with only one suitcase…and in it was my mom’s radio, my dairy, some sentimental mementos, and a T-Shirt my mom bought for me 22 years ago (yes I do still wear it), and 2 pairs of jeans and 3 sweaters. That’s it. I came to start my new life here in London on 10/10/10 with that one suitcase.
So far I love my experience…I’ll post more about what I think of living in London in other posts…and I also owe an apology post to NBK…I thought their customer service was terrible…wait till i write about Barclays…banks in general don’t like me 😦
Anyhoo, back to 2011, here’s what I hope I can achieve in 2011:
1. I hope I’ll be back to blogging regularly…though most of them will probably be related to my studies
2. Finally learn how to use my camera properly
3. Get to know myself better
4. Start to treat my friends better…seriously in the past 2 years I have been a bitch :O
HAVE A MAGICAL 2011 FOLKS