I just realized i hadn’t posted any “Nicey Sentences” in a long time. Hate to break tradition, so here we go:
We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, “Why did this happen to me?” unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Turn your wounds into wisdom. ~Oprah Winfrey
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.
Anger is nothing more than an outward expression of hurt, fear and frustration.
The greatest source of misery and hatred in this world is clinging to past hurts
Life does not have meaning through mere existence or acquisition or fun. The meaning of life is inherent in the connections we make to others through honor and obligation.
We find comfort among those who agree with us – growth among those who don’t.
“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you”
Am I pretending I can’t ‘fly’?
Does he have a point?
Will you take the pigeon out of your head?
Do you agree?
Are you the woman at the bus stop or the guy on the bicycle?
More comics here:
I got this in an email yesterday and I still can’t stop laughing 🙂
“Congratulations! You have a girl. Unless I cut the wrong cord.”
-Robin Williams as Dr. Kosevich in “Nine Months”.
I saw this today:
There is an Indian proverb or axiom that says that everyone is a house with 4 rooms, a physical, a mental, an emotional and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but we need to go into every room every day, even if it’s only to keep it clean.
I used to visit all 4 rooms every single day when one morning I began to realize it’s not my house
And here’s my latest collection of nicey sentences:
“(Religion) With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
If you treat people the way they are, you never improve them. If you treat them the way you want them to be, you do.
Most people hate to parallel park. The other day, I saw this woman trying to get out of a tight parking space. She’d bump the car in front, then back-up and strike the car behind her. This went on about 2-3 minutes.
I walked over to see if I could somehow help. My offer was declined though. She said, “Why have bumpers if you’re not going to use them once in a while?”
The latest polling shows 43 percent of all Americans say that illegal aliens are a serious problem. The other 57 percent said: “No hablo Inglés.”
“We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die.”
“I get those maternal feelings sometimes, like when I’m lying on the couch and can’t reach the remote, I think, ‘Boy, a kid would be nice right now.'” – Kathleen Madigan
An old hobby of mine was collecting quotations, jotting down sentences that made me chuckle, mull or just stare into space. Films, books, songs, friends, ads, posters, graffiti, evesdropping, were all great sources.
I have decided to relaunch my obsession with “nicey” sentences [this and this] Here are some of my latest collection:
“Being a husband is like any other job… It helps a lot if you like the boss.”
“Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”
“The more you complain, the longer God makes you live.”
“I used to be lost in the shuffle. Now I just shuffle along with the lost.”
My friend overheard an argument between his two sons, six and eight years old. They were discussing marriage. The youngest boldly declared, “I hate girls, and I’m never going to get married! “The older boy was more receptive.”Come on,” he said persuasively. “There are lots of good things about being married.””Name one!” came the challenge.The boy didn’t hesitate. “Well, if you’re watching your favourite TV show and the phone rings, you don’t have to answer it.”